Last update: December 12, 2012
1. Some thoughts, in plain English, about the safety of Earlydoc:
- Earlydoc's services are developed combining medical data, guidelines and input from medical professionals
- Be safe: contact a doctor when you are sick, or if you think you need help!
- Earlydoc doesn't offer medical advice or a basis for medical advice. Medical advice can only be given by a doctor. Earlydoc only offers personalized information.
- Earlydoc is still in development. Because of this, and because you might misinterpret questions and give wrong answers, the information can be wrong! Always keep that in mind. Don't do anything that goes against the advice of your doctor.
- Right now, Earlydoc is based on research and guidelines used in The Netherlands. If you don't live in The Netherlands, the information Earlydoc gives might not be in line with the regulations, guidelines and research of the country you live in. Earlydoc is not meant to be used for or by children under the age of 15.
Earlydoc and all her services are developed through the combination of medical data sources. Among others medical guidelines, medical databases and input from medical professionals form the basis for Earlydoc's software. One of the services of Earlydoc is the Symptom check, in which the user answers a series of questions, after which a result is presented containing personal medical information. Among others Earlydoc works with the Academic Medical Centre Amsterdam and several general practices in the Amsterdam area.
3. Medical responsibility
Earlydoc tries to provide personal medical information that is as accurate as possible. It is however possible that there are unexpected errors in Earlydoc's software. It could also occur that you interpret the questions from the Symptom check the wrong way and given an answer which doesn't reflect reality. This means you should always keep in mind that the information provided by Earlydoc could be wrong. Remember:
The 'Content' of Earlydoc is defined as: All information, data, software, photo's, illustrations, videos, graphics, music, sounds and other materials and services that are available through Earlydoc or that are located on the servers of Earlydoc.
THE CONTENT OF EARLYDOC DOES NOT SERVE AS MEDICAL ADVICE, BASIS FOR MEDICAL ADVICE AND SHOULD IN NO WAY BE CONSIDERED A PART OF MEDICAL PRACTICE.
Earlydoc is still in the Beta phase. This means that we're still experimenting with Earlydoc's functionality and content. So keep in mind that the information provided by Earlydoc will not be the same every time.
4. Target audience
Earlydoc currently only targets users that are 15 years or older. Earlydoc doesn't collect identifiable information from children under the age of 15. When you suspect that a child under the age of 15 is using Earlydoc or has made an account with Earlydoc, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. When we are notified about such a situation the account will be removed. Remember:
EARLYDOC IS NOT MEANT FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15. EARLYDOC IS ALSO NOT MEANT TO BE USED TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS OF YOUR CHILDREN OR ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15.
5. Data security
All not personally identifiable information, potentially personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information that Earlydoc stores of users is stored on protected database servers. Earlydoc does not guarantee that these servers are free of viruses or other harmful elements. Earlydoc rules out any liability pertaining to this or resulting from this.
6. Earlydoc Info
Earlydoc is provided by Guidecase B.V., located on Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017RR Amsterdam, info@Earlydoc, telephone: +31 (0)20 894 3043